The purpose of the program is to simply help people find a bearing and start again. Sometimes we follow a path in life or are dealt an uncertain and difficult hand, but by taking the time to learn ourselves, where we are and who we are, we can begin to unravel the question of where we want to go...
Our curriculum is designed to gather a starting point to an individual's emotional tendencies, learning styles, logical thinking behaviors, and strengths. We provide a conversational safe space for those that are in one of life’s transitional stages, be it post-education, post-career, post-trauma, post-event, or just feel directionless or overwhelmed. This, coupled with outdoor adventures away from all "the noise" and distractions, can serve as a great foundation for refining the skills of reflection, processing, decision-making, team-building, and confidence through life's many journeys. We can’t tell you what to do with your life or where to go, but we can teach you how to read a compass and believe you can find the way!
Our day retreat focuses on creating a unique way to access the process of effective goal setting, reinforced through group activities and reflection exercises. Attendees will work collaboratively on identifying and describing goals, sources of motivation, limiting patterns, and tools for resilience and persistence. Through this process we can help create actionable steps towards reaching for a new path.
- Meet and Greet at the docks, Dock Q, slip lucky 13, for our float plan and debriefing. Everyone will be assigned a job aboard our ship, Dubloon.
- 1 Hour introduction to the mechanics of goal setting
- Group sailing and traditional navigation activities in an immersive and hands-on experience operating our historic ship with our crew and Captain under. We will make way under full sail across beautiful Lake Lanier.
- Fire side lunch and reflection exercises
- 1 and a half hour Free time
-1 hour Looking ahead closing workshop on the way back home.
(Maximum of 8 spots aboard at a time and the excursion will generally last around 7-8 hours)
It is our hope and goal that one day this program goes beyond us and the ship, that each person that we have the ultimate blessing of serving in our work goes on to lead lives that bring them joy and true fulfillment.
If you have any questions or you are an educator, counselor, or professional, we would love to hear from you.