Every time you give, you support all of our operations and help us put more groups and people in need through our retreat! We are not a charter boat. We simply offer those kind enough to donate at certain levels the opportunity to sail or cruise with us as friends and crew, learn about our mission, and learn about our ship and her rich history. We thank you for your support!
Draft: 5' 5"
Displacement: 37,000 Lbs
Builder: Bill Oleson, San Pedro, CA
Desinger: Sam Crocker
Launch: May 1931
Hull: spiled carvel louro negro
Frames: Bent oak, purple heart cap frames
Backbone: Douglas fir stem and keelson
Keel Ballast: external cast iron
Fasteners: Bronze screws
Main: Hollow Fir, Spruce
Mizzen: Solid Fir, Spruce
Standing Rigging: 7x7 Stainless Steel
Sail plan: Jib, Stay'sl, Main, Mizzen, Topsail
Engine: W-58 Westerbeke/Perkins 4-cyl
Propulsion: 2 blade bronze propeller
Steering: Wheel via single worm gear
Berths: 6 (2 double, 2 single)
Tanks: 30 gal fuel, 20 gal water
Full Galley and enclosed head
One Dinghy named Humphrey
As the name implies, this is the service that we provide the general public to get to know us and experience our vessel first hand. There are up to 12 spots available, first come first serve. We will be taking the trip out whether we are full or not. Use the scheduler below to save your spots or continue to the bottom of our page for details on coming aboard a private trip if you want the boat to yourself.
We Currently offer two types of public sail-cruises:
- Public Sails: 3 hours interactive sailing experience (no experience required) around Lanier - Weather and wind permitting, we will raise sail and make maneuvers with your help. - Bring your own snacks and drinks. Donation requested is $70 or more for adults and $35 or more for kids 12 and under.
- Public Sunset Cruise: 2 and half hour sail-cruise experience (no experience required) around Lanier doing our best to catch the evening ambience - Weather and wind permitting, we will raise some sail but expect a very relaxed ride. - Bring your own snacks and drinks. Donation requested is $45 or more per person.
3 hours @ $70.00
What you get:
- Enjoy a taste of the historic age of sail plus some added hospitality!
- A three hour interactive sailing trip around Lanier
- Weather and wind permitting, we will raise sail and make maneuvers with your help.
- Bring your own snacks and drinks. You will have access to our stock in the galley as well
- You help us put more groups and people in need through our retreat!
2 hours 30 minutes @ $45.00
2 and half hour sail-cruise experience around Lanier doing our best to catch the evening ambience
- Weather and wind permitting, we will raise some sail but expect a very relaxed ride.
- Bring your own snacks and drinks.
Use the form below to inquire about privately coming aboard the ship and let us help plan your next adventure! Whether you are looking for a quiet day in a secluded cove on the beach or want to haul all the lines in the rush of full sail we got you covered. We have done everything from couples cruises to parties and large corporate team-building groups.
You will have your own space inside our forward cabin for personal affects and room in a fridge for whatever fare you'd like to bring. We also have some space aboard to bring some activity-related gear such as floats, kayaks, and fishing gear (Please inquire ahead of reserving your spot to make sure we can accommodate your items)
General Suggested Donation Amounts and Options:
- $300 for four people, $45 per additional person for 2.5 hours
- $600 for up to ten guests for 4 hours
- $1,000 for up to ten guests for 8 hours
Note: Additional adjustments and requests may vary depending on group size and nature of the trip and services. Thank you for your interest.
We love our visitors, so feel free to reach out and see when we are out at the dock.
We are located at Aqualand Marina in Flowery Branch, GA. Dock Q, Slip lucky 13, situated right behind Pigtails Restaurant and Lord Nelson Charters.